The CPA (Certified Public Accountants) intermediate level comprises six papers administered by KASNEB. To enroll for CPA intermediate level candidates must meet the stipulated entry requirement. Students can study the course material for the intermediate and be ready for exams in 3 months.
Entry Requirements for the CPA Intermediate Level
To register for CPA a student has to provide evidence of one of the following education qualifications.
- Completion or exemptions from CPA foundation-level units
- An aggregate of grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination
- A degree from a recognized university.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least two Principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) level or equivalent qualifications.
- KASNEB diploma, technician or, professional examination certificate.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade C in 6 papers with C in both Mathematics and English.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by KASNEB.
- Diploma examinations
Contact the RCM online College help desk for more information about registration for the CPA Intermediate level.
Structure of CPA Intermediate Level
The structure of the CPA intermediate level is as follows.
- Company Law – Ensures that students can apply and comply with the provisions of company law in the relevant circumstances and environments. Learners should also be able to demonstrate knowledge of the laws and regulations that govern corporate entities while ensuring compliance in practice.
- Financial Management – Imparts students with skills, attitudes, and knowledge that enhance their competency in the management, control, and optimization of institutional finances.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis – Ensures that learners can account for complex financial transactions, and prepare and analyze financial statements in public and private sectors.
- Auditing and Assurance – Imparts learners with skills, attitudes, and knowledge that ensure that they can conduct an audit in an organization.
- Management Accounting – Ensures that learners can apply techniques and methods such as cost and management and cost estimation for decision-making.
- Public Finance and Taxation – Impacts knowledge and skills that ensure learners can apply public financial management and the implementation of public financial management regulation especially at middle-level management and the preparation of non-complex tax computations for corporates and individuals.
CPA students who enroll for the intermediate level at the RCM Online College have different options for study and preparation for the April 2024 CPA exams.
Day /Full-time classes
Full-time classes typically involve a more immersive and concentrated schedule, allowing students to complete the CPA course efficiently.
Part-time classes are suitable for students with family or work commitments. The part-time classes are scheduled in the morning, evening, and during weekends.
RCM Online College utilizes different online and technological platforms for the delivery of course material for CPA and other KASNEB and KNEC courses offered by the institution. The online and technological platforms that the college uses include online Zoom classes (online and recorded) and the RCM Online College ‘Soma Offline’ App available on Play Store.
Block Revision Programs
RCM Online College offers an aggressive block revision program that helps students that not enrolled for full-time, part-time, or online classes in preparation for exams. From our highly competent team at RCM Online College, we wish you the very best as you pursue the CPA Intermediate Level.