Certified Public Accounts (CPA) Foundation Level is the first of three levels that a student must take to become a CPA finalist. There are academic and other qualifications that one requires to enroll for the CPA foundation level. The foundation level comprises six papers and it takes only three months to complete.
ENROLL for the CPA foundation level at RCM Online College for the January 2024 intake. TAKE ADVANTAGE of the Early bird offers TODAY!!
Education Requirements for Enrollment to CPA Foundation Level
To register for CPA a student has to provide evidence of one of the following education qualifications.
- An aggregate of grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination
- A degree from a recognized university.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least two Principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) level or equivalent qualifications.
- KASNEB diploma, technician or, professional examination certificate.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade C in 6 papers with C in both Mathematics and English.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by KASNEB.
- Diploma examinations
Structure of CPA Foundation Level
The structure for CPA foundation level is as follows:
- Paper 1: Financial Accounting – Introduces students to the purpose of accounting, the accounting process and systems, regulations and other principles guiding the accounting profession, accounting for assets and liability, preparation, and presentation of financial statements for different types of organizations including sole trader, partnership, and company.
- Paper 2: Communication Skills – Imparts students with skills, attitudes, and knowledge that build competency to communicate concisely and orally and in writing in both formal and informal contexts.
- Paper 3: Introduction to Law and CPA Governance – Equips students with skills, attitudes, and knowledge that facilitate the application of principles of law and legal systems in an organization to ensure compliance with the basic principles of governance and ethics.
- Paper 4: Economics – Ensures that students have skills, attitudes, and knowledge that enable them to identify the impact and interaction of economic principles in different situations and the application of the principles in decision-making.
- Paper 5: Quantitative Analysis – Imparts students with skills, attitudes, and knowledge that enable them to apply quantitative analysis tools in business operations and decision-making.
- Paper 6: Information Communication Technology – Focuses on imparting knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enhance learner’s competency in the application of information communication technology (ICT) effectively to solve business problems, in decision-making, and the adoption of new working environments.
RCM Online College has a team of highly competent lecturers and learning material that will enable you to synthesize the course content for the CPA Foundation level with ease and pass your exams with ease.
Recommended Study Materials and Books
The recommended study material and books for the CPA foundation level are listed on the KASNEB website. Also, students can download revision material for this CPA foundation level on the site for a small fee.
Note: RCM Online College gives students access to revision kits and past papers that help in the preparation for exams. The college also has well-curated revision books from RCM Publishers that students can purchase at the college or its website.
From our highly competent team at RCM Online College, we wish you the very best as you pursue the CPA Foundation Level.